Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm such a slacker!

Ugh! I have been so bad about keeping this blog updated. Now that the holidays are over though, I'll try to keep up with it a little more. We have not been slacking in home schooling though. We are so close to getting over the "I can't read" hump I can almost taste it. It gets better every day and all I can say is THANK GOODNESS! This reading thing is killing me! Killing. Me. There are days when I just want to bang my head on the table. He's such a smart kid (if you don't believe me, just ask him, he'll tell you!), but he's super lazy about reading. Ack!
Here are a sampling of the things we've done over the past few weeks:

made a compass (water, needle, cork)
grew borax crystals
made a gingerbread house (and then ate a large chunk of it)
strung popcorn and cranberries
read most of Despereaux (I read it it to him-we're a little over halfway through)
learned about nomads, and the first farmers of Mesopotamia
caught snowflakes on black paper and studied their shapes
cut out paper snowflakes
made a magnetic paperclip chain
planted seeds and watched them grow

Wow, when I look at the list, we've done quite a lot. And this of course doesn't include daily stuff, like reading, writing, math, German, etc.

1 comment:

These Are The Days said...

You are kicking butt girl. Way to go with the homeschooling projects. Sounds like a lot of fun.