Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Egg-cano

It's funny how learning happens. Sometimes the funniest things can become a teachable moment and sometimes the funniest things can bring back something taught months earlier. Yesterday I was making Indy's breakfast and he was in the kitchen waiting impatiently watching. I was making him an egg and turkey bacon wrap (his favorite breakfast) when the steam building under his egg became too much and a small hole opened up to release it. Indy got CRAZY excited. Crazy, I tell you. He started telling me how it was just like what happens in the earth when a volcano explodes. He went on to explain about magma chambers, epicenters, shifting plates, vents, conduits and all manner of other things. We studied volcanoes in August of last year! I could not believe how much he remembered. I was so proud.
I would have taken a photo of what we termed the "Egg-cano" (it did look like a yellow volcano shooting steam) but Indy was hungry and impatient and I was afraid it might burn. And after the great taco shell fire of 2009 (taco shells can catch fire if they fall on the element, did you know that?) I didn't want to chance it.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That's so funny and cute and awesome. Sophie, 3, does that with things she watches on Science cartoons or anything she absorbs really. Anytime it rains or snows, she tells me about reversible change. And people wonder why I don't want to put her in public school?!

. said...

Wow, amazing he learned all that. Boy, he is smarter than me. lol!

from a SITSta. :)

The Redhead Riter said...

That is really funny and cool that he had the chance to pick it up.

Stopping by from SITS.
◄Happy Saturday Sharefest!►